Ayurveda Remedies for Fatigue
The strains of modern daily living, busy hectic lifestyles and the pressures of juggling a demanding job, family and a social life are unavoidable. This level of continuous stress puts considerable strain on the body. The body at some point is unable to take the strain and gets tired/fatigued. Our body reflects its tiredness in various symptoms like headaches, lethargy, loss of appetite, difficulty in sleeping etc.
Tiredness is something that most people who lead hectic lifestyles go through. So, what is tiredness or fatigue?Ayurveda defines fatigue as overuse, misuse or no use of the mind, emotions or body. Ayurveda also defines fatigue as the loss of calm energy from our body.
Given that many of us lead busy lives it is pertinent that we understand more about this syndrome.
So what causes tiredness?
Tiredness can be caused due to a myriad of reasons. Some of them are
- Stress at work
- Irregular/insufficient sleep
- Lack of routine
- Overuse of your body
- Unhealthy diet
Symptoms of tiredness
- Poor concentration
- Difficulty in paying attention
- Loss of appetiteTiredness and stress are like inseparable twins. Tiredness increases stress and vice-versa. When stress increases it increases the levels of cortisol in our body. This can lead to other health problems.
Ayurveda and tiredness
So, how does the science of Ayurveda diagnose tiredness? The basic principle of Ayurveda revolves around maintaining a balance of the three doshas (vata, pitta and kapha) in our body
Therefore, any symptom or health issue in our body is indicative that there is an imbalance of these doshas.
According to Ayurveda, tiredness is an imbalance in the vata dosha. The vata dosha governs all the movement in our body and communication throughout the mind and nervous system.
How to overcome tiredness through Ayurveda?
Tiredness cannot be classified as a disease but as a problem arising out of poor lifestyle. Ayurvedic practitioners insist that lifestyle changes are a must to overcome tiredness. Ayurvedic herbs help in the process but cannot replace healthy living.
So, what can we do for tiredness?
- Regulate work timings-work pressure is way beyond our control and is determined by a number of factors which we can't influence. Try to have fixed work hours.
- Get sufficient sleep- ensure you have regular sleep timings. Human body needs a minimum of 7 hours of sleep everyday for functioning optimally.
- Build a routine- not many people like a routine. But a routine establishes a rhythm and direction for your body and mind. Also a routine ensures that you eat and sleep at fixed hours which will help you get over tiredness.
- Give your body some rest-sometimes our body is stretched to its limit. It could be due to work, exercise or a function at home. At such times just relax and give your body a break. It is ok to relax and sleep if that is what your body needs.
- Follow healthy diet- a key reason to feeling tired is an unhealthy diet. There are many people who think food is needed to survive or appease the taste buds. Your food does much more that that. It is the building block of your body. So, ensure you eat healthy meals at fixed times.
Ayurvedic herbs for tiredness
Ashwagandha- Ashwagandha or Indian ginseng has been used in Ayurveda for hundreds of years. It is an adaptogen. Meaning, it is a combination of amino acids, vitamins and herbs. An adaptogen helps the body cope with stress. It is believed that Ashwagandha reduces cortisol levels in the body which has a direct and positive effect on stress. An Indian study was conducted in a cross section of populace who experienced symptoms of tiredness and stress. Regular intake of Ashwagandha by this group showed a reduction in cortisol levels by 28%. Always use 100% natural and organic Ashwagandha to avoid chemicals and fillers. Ashwagandha from Vedi is available in both tablet and powder form for your convenience.
Brahmi- Brahmi is another ancient herb used in ayurveda. It literally means the herb that improves intelligence. Brahmi also has a positive effect on cortisol the stress hormone. Regular intake of brahmi reduces cortisol levels in the body and helps you attain a relaxed state. Buy authentic and effective Brahmi in tablet form here.
Triphala- Triphala is a combination of the powders of three fruits. Triphala balances the doshas in our body. As we know tiredness is an imbalance of the Vata dosha. Regular intake of Triphala can help in setting this imbalance right. 100% Vegan and organic Triphala too is available in both powder and tablet form.
THC infused medicines: THC or Tetrahydrocannabinol is a cannabinoid found in marijuana. THC has a lot of medicinal value. One of its many properties is to provide relief from stress. Vijaya capsules from Vedi is a combination of CBD and THC. It comes in two variants. The variant with CBD and THC ratio of 1:1 will help in providing relief from stress.
So, adopt a healthy lifestyle and take in these Ayurvedic supplements and beat the tiredness for a fitter you!