· By Chiru Roy
Prevent illness, build immunity with Guduchi
With the change of weather, or travel, or work overload, our health deteriorates and body crashes. Immunity plays the key role here, and those who have better immunity avoid illnesses better than others.
Immune system indicates the vitality of an individual. The best thing about Ayurveda is, that it does not believe in suppressing symptoms, but address the root cause of our imbalances. Of course, each body is different, however, there are a number of universal strategies that supports immunity for all.
A good immune system is like an ‘anti-virus’ defense against illness. Immunity cannot be pumped into anyone, but it can be built by living an Ayurvedic lifestyle.
While there are numerous reasons for low immunity like stress, pollution, poor diet and other, the symptoms are hard to miss:
- You feel tired and exhausted all day.
- You catch infections faster and repetitively.
- Dark circles start to show up.
- Signs of depression and insomnia.
Ayurvedic Approach to Immunity
Immunity is stronger when you have a good digestion, strong metabolism, proper liver functioning and a balanced endocrine system. Immunity is connected to “ojas”.
Ojas is the key to perfect health, balanced and blissful emotions. The main hurdle in the flow of ojas is ama or toxins. Ama is generated due to weak digestion and metabolism, of-course stress and fatigue have a role to play.
Natural Ways to Boost Your Immunity
Any food that transforms quickly into ojas are immunity enhancing foods. On the other hand, if the food creates ama, it's bad for immunity.
Ojas is the end product of complete digestion that offers good health, unwavering emotions, and strong immunity. Ama are the digestive impurities occurred by eating unhealthy, difficult to digest foods, at wrong timings.
To boost the immune system, you should
- Choose healthy and easily digestible foods
Include fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes and dairy products in your diet, while avoiding processed food, so that it quickly converts to ojas.
Canned, packaged and foods with preservatives create ama and block healing from food to reach the required cells. Prefer organic foods.
Eat immune-boosting foods such as
- Apples - support the immune system, rich in antioxidants, has both insoluble and soluble fiber, keep the bowel healthy.
- Sweet juicy fruits - Tree ripened pears, pineapple, plums, oranges and mangoes quickly transform into ojas.
- Pomegranate - excellent immunity booster, assist digestion and elimination.
- Papaya – eating after lunch is good for digestion.
- Leafy greens – provide iron, calcium, help enhance immunity when cooked with spices, helps cleansing the bowel.
- Broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower - contain antioxidants, flavonoids and other immune-enhancing nutrients.
- Whole grains – Rich in essential nutrients, quinoa, amaranth and barley are great support to immunity building.
- Ghee and milk – Ojas enhancing essential fatty acids are big immunity boosters.
- Add immune-boosting spices in food
Adding mild spices to cooking, will help convert food quickly to ojas. Spices are nutritive, add good flavor and support digestion. Some wonder spices are –Turmeric - It detoxifies and reduces the chances of viral infections
- Cumin - It helps to burn ama
- Black pepper - It clears the channels, so that ojas reaches the cells.
- Ginger - It is beneficial for absorbing nutrients in body and reducing inflammation.
- Use herbs that heal
There are some amazing Ayurvedic herbs to boost immunity:
1) Neem: Useful in curing skin problems, improving indigestion, treating constipation and reducing acidity.
2) Amla: Useful to lower cholesterol, control blood sugar, improve blood circulation, assist digestion and relieves constipation.
3) Aswagandha: Useful in improving immunity, revitalizing energy levels, and slowing down the aging process.
4) Mulethi (Liquorice): Useful to rejuvenate, and helps in curing cough.
5) Tulsi (Holy Basil): Helps treat cold, cough, sore throats, mouth infection, skin problems, headaches and boosting immunity.
- Use Guduchi as a Natural Supplement
Guduchi is strong immune-stimulant with excellent anti-cytotoxic effects. It is a holistic immunity-boosting nutritional supplement from Vedi Herbals. If you start taking it 45 days in advance, before winter begins, it helps build natural immunity. Guduchi fights against fever and infections, boosts immunity and adds glow to skin.
Guduchi, also known as Giloy, is referred as “Amrit” in Sanskrit, meaning “divine nectar”.
Giloy is useful in the promotion and restoration of health and make you ready for holistic well-being.
- Is used to cure all type of fevers, particularly the chronic fever.
- It acts as aphrodisiacs and delays the time of ejaculation.
- Is used TO rejuvenate.
- Protect the liver, kidney and heart.
- Stimulates the immunity and increases the antibody-producing cells and circulating antibody throughout the body.
- Is used to treat urinary infections.
- Fights all kinds of viral infections (such as dengue and chikungunya), fevers and jaundice.
It is better to prevent disease rather than curing it. Just as we change the oil in car, so that it never blows the engine, just as we vaccinate children so that they don’t fall ill. Similarly, we should work on building immunity, because prevention is always better than cure.
- #baidyanath giloy juice
- #benefits of giloy
- #benefits of giloy juice
- #dabur giloy
- #dabur giloy juice
- #dabur giloy neem tulsi juice
- #dabur giloy tablet
- #duchi ghan vati uses
- #giloy benefits
- #giloy benefits in hindi
- #giloy fruit
- #giloy ghan vati
- #giloy ghanvati
- #giloy ghanvati benefits
- #giloy ghanvati benefits in hindi
- #giloy ghanvati ke fayde
- #giloy ghanvati patanjali
- #giloy ghanvati tablet
- #giloy ghanvati tablet uses
- #giloy ghanvati tablet uses in hindi
- #giloy ghanvati uses
- #giloy image
- #giloy in bengali
- #giloy in english
- #giloy in gujarati
- #giloy in hindi
- #giloy in kannada
- #giloy in marathi
- #giloy in odia
- #giloy in tamil
- #giloy in telugu
- #giloy juice
- #giloy juice benefits
- #giloy juice patanjali
- #giloy juice side effects
- #giloy ka kadha
- #giloy ka paudha
- #giloy ka ped
- #giloy ke fayde
- #giloy ke fayde in hindi
- #giloy ki bel
- #giloy ki pehchan
- #giloy leaves
- #giloy patanjali
- #giloy plant
- #giloy satva
- #giloy side effects
- #giloy tablet
- #giloy tablet patanjali
- #giloy tablets
- #giloy tree
- #giloy tulsi juice
- #giloy uses
- #giloy vati
- #guduchi ayurveda
- #guduchi benefits
- #guduchi ghan vati
- #guduchi ghan vati uses in hindi
- #guduchi ghanvati
- #guduchi in hindi
- #guduchi in tamil
- #guduchi plant
- #guduchi powder
- #guduchi satva
- #guduchi side effects
- #guduchi tablet
- #guduchi tablet uses
- #guduchi tablets
- #guduchi uses
- #himalaya giloy
- #how to use giloy
- #loy powder
- #neem giloy
- #patanjali giloy
- #patanjali giloy ghan vati
- #patanjali giloy ghanvati
- #patanjali giloy juice
- #patanjali giloy juice benefits
- #patanjali giloy tablet
- #what is giloy