What is Cannabis oil?
Cannabis in India has a long history of being leveraged primarily for medical and recreational purposes. Cannabis oil, also known as Hemp oil, is derived from the leaves of cannabis plants. The two main active substances in cannabis plants are CBD or Cannabidiol and THC or Tetrahydrocannabinol. Cannabis medicines made from the extract of hemp plants should contain more CBD than THC.
CBD is an active chemical compound from the Cannabis sativa plant, with a wide range of therapeutic benefits like pain relief. THC is the psychoactive ingredient in Cannabis that produces euphoria and stimulates the part of our brain that responds to pleasure and sensory perception.
How does it work?
The cannabis plant consists of over 500 medicinal compounds, which include cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, etc., that all work together, bringing the plant’s unique therapeutic potential to life.
The THC and CBD are Phyto-cannabinoids, meaning they are plant-based cannabinoids that bind to receptors in the human body's Endocannabinoid System (ECS), specifically the CB1 and CB2 receptors. This produces a range of effects on our mind and body and help regulate the symptoms like pain, nausea and more.
Full-spectrum extract contains all cannabis plant compounds and has a more potent effect than isolated CBD. Researchers call it the ‘entourage effect’ where CBD and THC work together synergetically, delivering better results. CBD also helps tame the “high” effects of THC. What it means is that you get more medicinal benefits without the adverse effects.
Cannabis oil at Vedi Herbals is made using full-spectrum Cannabis leaves extract infused in MCT (medium-chain triglyceride) oil, extracted from coconut oil. The high-grade MCT oil allows the easy absorption of cannabinoids in the digestive tract and higher metabolism in the liver.
This molecule can be absorbed and passed through the blood-brain barrier to nourish the brain cells. Infusion of cannabinoids in MCT oil thus boosts the bioavailability of cannabinoids and helps in breaking down the cannabinoid-MCT complex in the liver for immediate effect.
Why - Uses/ Benefits of Cannabis Oil
Medicinal use of Cannabis in India is on an upward trajectory, thanks to its abundant benefits backed by science. Cannabis medicines are available in the form of Cannabis Oil Capsules and Cannabis Oil.
The benefits offered are:
- Chronic pain relief: CBD in Cannabis Oil interacts with pain receptors in the brain to exert pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory effects. Cannapain from Vedi Herbals is very effective for pain that affects mobility, like neck and backache.
- Inflammation: Supplementing the endocannabinoid system with CBD may help reduce inflammation. Cannabis oil has the potential to inhibit cytokines by activating specific cannabinoid receptors such as CB2, causing the natural death of cytokines and thereby reducing inflammation. Cannaflam Oil soothes aching joints, strengthens bones, and promotes cartilage regeneration.
- Alleviates Mood, reduce Depression: Cannabis oil with a very mild dose of THC showed a significant reduction in stress and improved mood. Serotonin produced in the brain is vital for regulating mood, anxiety and depression. Hemp Oil works by blocking the signals for depression.
- Treat Neurological Symptoms and Disorders: Cannaron Oil is a natural Cannabis medicine to help treat various neurological disorders and related symptoms. It helps manage age-related ailments of the brain and the nervous system. It relieves various neuropathic conditions, nourishes the neural network, and improves mood, stimulates and energizes.
- Improves Sleep: Hemp oil is very effective in treating sleep disorders. While CBD enhances the homeostatic balance in our body, other active ingredients THC, CBN (Cannabinol), and terpenes in the full spectrum oil help calm the brain and induce
- Quality of life: For cancer-affected patients, Cannabis oil helps improve quality of life by reducing the pain and reducing the cancer treatment-related symptoms. For heart patients, it helps improve circulation and lower high blood pressure.
How to Use it
As discussed above, Cannabis Oil is a great friend for patients with various chronic ailments and disorders. There is very little risk of side effects from hemp oil as all it comes from food-grain strains of hemp. However, always choose a brand that offers Cannabis Oil Capsule or oil that is free from chemicals, artificial flavours or sweeteners, starch, salt, gluten, soy, pesticides, and heavy metals.
As a rule of thumb, start cannabis medication under the guidance of an Ayurvedic doctor for correct dosing. It is very important to understand how to take it the right way for efficacy.
Cannabis Oil has excellent therapeutic potential and offers a scientific and natural solution for patients looking for relief from pain and other symptoms. Supplementing natural endocannabinoids within the body with plant-based cannabinoids like CBD and THC can help regulate the endocannabinoid system, treat disorders and alleviate symptoms.