GUDMAR TABLETControls blood sugar, regulates diabetes
98221 In Stock
Gudmar (also called Madhunashini) is best known for its leaf extract to suppress the sweet receptors of the tongue. The active ingredient that causes this physiological reaction is gurmarin, a polypeptide made of 35 amino acids. Gymnemagenin, the main sapogenin in the leaves, yielded 3.9-4.6% of total Gymnemic acids. Gudmar extract is standardized to 40% gymnemic acid.
- Lowers blood and urine sugar level.
- Helps in regenerating the pancreatic beta cell.
- Stimulates the production and activity of insulin.
- Temporarily eliminates the taste buds desire for sugar.
- Brings down high cholesterol level and manages triglyceride level.
- Is useful for the treatment of hyperglycemia and anaemia.
- Helps to increase the appetite and stimulate the liver for better functioning
- Is used to treat problems like hyperglycemia, obesity, high cholesterol levels, anemia and digestion.
Gymnemic acids I-IX, Gymnemagenin, Sapogenins
Each Tablet contains: Gudmar (Gymnema sylvestre) leaf extract: 500mg & Excipients Q.S.
DOSAGE: One tablet twice a day 30mins before food or as directed by the physician
A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial was carried out in 24 patients with a diagnosis of metabolic syndrome. Gudmar has demonstrated promising effects in the treatment of obesity, dyslipidemia, hypertension, insulin secretion, among others.
Ref: Esperanza Martínez-Abundis, Effect of Gymnema Sylvestre on Metabolic Syndrome and Insulin. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02370121
Insulin-dependent diabetes (IDDM)
Extract of Gymnema leaves was administered (400mg/day) to 27 patients with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM), it appears to enhance endogenous insulin, possibly by regeneration/ revitalisation of the residual beta cells in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
Ref: Ahmath B. K., et.al., Use of Gymnema sylvestre leaf extract in the control of blood glucose in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. J. Ethnopharmacol., 1990, 30(3): 281-294
SHIPPING & RETURNS
Your shipment will be delivered within 2 to 15 business days (Depending on your location).
For purchases of Rs 500 and above, shipping is free. A shipping charge of Rs 60 will be added for purchases below Rs 500.
For more on our shipping policy, please go through our Terms and Conditions.