Kapikacchu or Velvet bean has been used in Ayurveda for its multiple of pharmacological effects. Scientifically known as Mucuna pruriens, the seed of this wonder bean is rich in L-dopa, the precursor to dopamine in the brain – a neurotransmitter that regulates how we feel pleasure. The extract of seed has powerful aphrodisiac properties and significantly contributes to make virility. It boosts libido, elevates mood, lowers stress and improves concentration. Studies have also shown that velvet bean extract has anti-diabetic, anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective and anti-oxidant.
- It boosts libido, helps in treating sexual dysfunctions like premature ejaculation and impotence.
- Useful for treating sleep disorder.
- It increases dopamine level in the body.
- It reduces vata and corrects vata
- Improves memory and promotes coordination.
- It is a potent herb for treatment of neurological disorders.
- Nurtures both male and female reproductive system.
*For external application
- The active constituent L-dopa, may cause irregular or pounding heartbeat. Thus on history of cardiovascular ailment, patient should consume this with only doctor’s advice.
- Consume Kapikacchu in caution, if you are with diabetic medication.
- Avoid taking it two weeks prior to and after a surgery.
- If you have a history of poor liver health, then avoid taking it.
- L-dopa increases melanin content in skin. Therefore, it is best to avoid this supplement in case of history of melanoma or any similar skin conditions.
- In gastrointestinal ulcer condition, consumption of Kapikacchu can adversely affect, so should avoid taking this medicine.
- Pregnant & lactating woman should avoid this medicine.
- Children should be given this medicine only under strict medical supervision.
Each HPMC veg capsule contains 500mg Kapikacchu seed extract (standardized to 10% L-dopa)
One capsule twice a day after food or as directed by the physician.