· By Chiru Roy
Natural Remedy to Relieve Arthritis Symptoms
People are increasingly complaining about pain in knees, hips, hands or other joints throughout the body. This pain often has no apparent reason. This is an indication of arthritis, which is becoming a common problem worldwide. In simple words, Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints in a body. There are more than 100 different types of arthritis. Arthritis can vary from mild to severe cases.
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is characterized by discomfort caused due to stiffness, non-moving and aching joints and bones. There are many forms of Arthritis, out of which, Osteoarthritis is the most common type affecting maximum people. Osteoarthritis is caused when the cartilage or lubrication between bones and joints wears down, pushing bones to rub against each other, rather than providing cushion or protection required. Cartilage is made up of collagen and other components that makes connective tissue strong as well as flexible. Cartilage envelopes the ends of bones where they meet the joints. With age and time, there is deterioration in cartilage, that affects the shape and functionality of the joints, making them painful and less mobile, causing difficulty in day to day work.
Symptoms of Arthritis Warning signs and symptoms of arthritis include:
- Joint pain: Pain intensity differs with each individual and also varies with the location of joint. But two individuals with same problem can feel it differently depending on their lifestyle.
- Signs of inflammation and swelling: Joints can become red, warm and tender, indicating inflammation and swelling. You might even notice swelling and fluid retention through your skin over the affected joint.
- Stiffness: Stiff joints affect most people with arthritis and tend to worsen when standing, laying or sitting in one position for long periods.
- Limited movement: The range of motion decrease and loss of flexibility is observed.
Other home remedies for arthritis Home remedies can be quite effective if performed religiously.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar Apple cider vinegar is rich source of minerals, such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus. They are very useful in relieving joint pain. Moreover, it also helps to remove the toxin buildup in the joints and connective tissues.
2. Ginger Ginger has natural anti-inflammatory properties, that helps to treat Arthritis. Consuming it daily helps reduce inflammation.
3. Massage Massaging can provide amazing relief to get rid of arthritis pain and inflammation. The oil works as a natural ointment and stimulates blood flow. Mustard oil works best, but if added with eucalyptus oil or wintergreen oil, it will be even more effective.
4. Turmeric Consuming turmeric regularly can reduce inflammation. Turmeric contains curcumin that possesses anti-inflammatory properties. It is particularly useful for people suffering with rheumatoid arthritis. Turmeric milk is a good way to consume it.
5. Epsom Salt Epsom salt is a good source of magnesium that helps regulate the pH levels in the body. It is essential to balance the pH levels because arthritis is caused by high acidity levels in the body. You can just add two cups of Epsom salt to warm bath water and soak in it. Isn’t it easy and relaxing too?
6. Cinnamon Cinnamon can be used to relieve arthritis pain due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
CONCLUSION Eating nutritious food, having an adequate daily physical workout and maintaining a healthy weight are some of the best ways to manage arthritis pain and promote overall health. If you are over-weight and have arthritis, losing weight is first thing to break the arthritis pain chain. Ayurvedic or natural products are always a favorable choice for such long-term diseases.