Apr 10 , 2019
Taking care of your young one’s health and nutrition is important. However, skincare usually gets increasingly ignored as the baby grows from infant to toddler and then goes off to school. Your child’s skin needs as much attention as what goes on the skin, finds a way into the body and eventually blood.
The market today is flooded with chemical laden products, foaming agents, fragrances, artificial fillers, mineral oil and dyes. These ingredients can cause more harm than just skin level damage. Be careful about the products that you use on your child, and read the ingredients carefully.
The best option for your child’s skin is Castile soap. If you are hearing of Castile soaps for the first time this blog will help you understand more about it. Read more about what is Castile soap, apart from other products and what benefits does it have. This blog elaborates the same.
What are Castile soaps, briefly?
Castile soaps are made with Organic vegetable oils. A potent blend of Coconut oil, Olive oil, Hemp seed oil, Castor oil and occasionally essential oils for the fragrance, is used to create rich emollient lather and clean the skin while replenishing nutrients. All Castile soaps are free of chemicals like SLS and Parabens and hence gentle on the skin and environment.
Advantages of Castile soap:
- Chemical free: The biggest plus of Castile soap is that they are chemical free. They are gentle and effective cleansers. Most commercial products use toxic sulfates. These sulfates, used to make soap foam up, irritates and dries up the skin. Besides irritating the skin, it can even cause eye damage and trigger depression. SLS is used mostly because it is cheap. Castile soaps, on the other hand, do not use any sulfates. They do not use any lathering agent, but can produce foam because of high fatty acid content from Organic oils. Hence, it’s gentle on the skin and body.
- Effective on all skin types: It is not uncommon to see babies with skin rashes and allergies due to skin care products. Parents who have babies with sensitive skin will understand the trauma of such situations. Not all mass produced products suit all babies. However, Castile soaps made with Organic oils suit babies with all skin types. Also, they are effective on skin conditions like eczema.
- Naturally hydrating: A by-product in the Castile soap making process is glycerin. Glycerin absorbs water from the surrounding air and naturally moisturizes your skin and keeps it hydrated.
- No blocked up pores: Formulated using Hempseed oil, Castile soaps does not block your pores. Hempseed oil is non-comedogenic, that does not clog your child’s pores. When skin pores are open, the sebum (natural oil produced by skin) easily reaches the skin surface regulating sebum production and keeps it moisturized.
- Natural protection against free radicals: Free radicals are unstable atoms that can damage cells and cause diseases. They are formed when you are exposed to polluted environments and sunlight. In today’s world, pollution is everywhere and even babies are not spared. How can we fight them? With the help of antioxidants.
Castile soaps are made with Olive oil, which is rich in Vitamin E, an antioxidant. Vitamin E, when absorbed through the skin, it can help fight against the free radicals in the body. Thus, you are protecting your child in many ways by using Castile soaps.
Castile soaps from Vedi Herbals
- Vedi Herbals manufactures Castile soap using the authentic manufacturing process.
- All Vedi Castile soaps have hemp seed oil as one of the main ingredient. Hemp seed oil is a rich source of omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids, which means your skin is pampered and nurtured doubly. Read more about why we use Hempseed oil in our Castile soaps here.
- Vedi soaps are 100% Vegan, Organic and free from all harmful chemicals.
- These soaps being chemical free do not harm our planet in any way.
Vedi Castile soaps are available in many natural fragrances. Each soap has its own benefits.
However, for babies, we recommend the Vedi Unscented Castile soap. This soap is available in both liquid and bar form. Free of any fragrance this product from Vedi is ideal for babies.
Choose gentle and effective skincare products for your child’s sensitive and delicate skin. Read the labels for ingredients carefully. If is has strange, unpronounceable words, it’s better to avoid. Try Vedi Castile soap and protect your child as well as the planet!