Gudmar (also called Madhunashini) is best known for its leaf extract to suppress the sweet receptors of the tongue. The active ingredient that causes this physiological reaction is gurmarin, a polypeptide made of 35 amino acids. Gymnemagenin, the main sapogenin in the leaves, yielded 3.9-4.6% of total Gymnemic acids. Gudmar extract is standardized to 25% gymnemic acid.
- Lowers blood and urine sugar level.
- Helps in regenerating the pancreatic beta cell.
- Stimulates the production and activity of insulin.
- Temporarily eliminates the taste buds desire for sugar.
- Brings down high cholesterol level and manages triglyceride level.
- Is useful for the treatment of hyperglycemia and anaemia.
- Helps to increase the appetite and stimulate the liver for better functioning
- Is used to treat problems like hyperglycemia, obesity, high cholesterol levels, anemia and digestion.
Gymnemic acids I-IX, Gymnemagenin, Sapogenins
Weight : 500 MG (15 TABLETS)
Gudmar (Gymnema sylvestre)
Each 500mg Tablet contains: Gudmar (Gymnema sylvestre leaf extract: 500mg & Excipeints Q.S.
DOSAGE: One tablet twice a day 30mins before food or as directed by the physician
A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial was carried out in 24 patients with a diagnosis of metabolic syndrome. Gudmar has demonstrated promising effects in the treatment of obesity, dyslipidemia, hypertension, insulin secretion, among others.
Ref: Esperanza Martínez-Abundis, Effect of Gymnema Sylvestre on Metabolic Syndrome and Insulin. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02370121
Insulin-dependent diabetes (IDDM)
Extract of Gymnema leaves was administered (400mg/day) to 27 patients with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM), it appears to enhance endogenous insulin, possibly by regeneration/ revitalisation of the residual beta cells in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
Ref: Ahmath B. K., et.al., Use of Gymnema sylvestre leaf extract in the control of blood glucose in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. J Ethnopharmacol.,1990, 30(3): 281-294
Your shipment will be delivered within 2 to 15 business days (Depending on your location).
For purchases of Rs 500 and above, shipping is free. A shipping charge of Rs 60 will be added for purchases below Rs 500.
For more on our shipping policy, please go through our Terms and Conditions.